Korea

So, last year I told everyone, "I'm going to be an exchange student in South Korea for my senior year of high school." Sure that's what I said, but I didn't really believe my own words. So here I am in South Korea and this is my life.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Saturday April 1. My original plan was to take it easy. My mom and grandpa had just flyed something like 16 hrs to come to the other side of the world, so I purposely booked a hotel right next to the nicest park in Seoul, Olympic Park. I thought we could wake up a little later and then go for a walk in the park and maybe to a traditional Korean dance performance that night. But God doesn't always agree with the plans I choose, so he decided to have it rain all day.
By doing so, God opened up a space for a visit to the Korean War Memorial Museum. I had to thank him, because there were no other times I could think of for going there. So, we set off on the first subway ride ever for my mom and the first in about twenty-five years since grandpa. (He'd used the rails in France.) I bought them transportation cards, because I like them far better than buying a ticket each time I want to go somewhere and we went to a part of town I didn't know well, but could find easily on the subway map. It took two transfers, a total of three lines. They were really impressed with the efficiency of this system (which I ended up keeping them underground for all transportation that day.)
The war memorial. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.