Korea

So, last year I told everyone, "I'm going to be an exchange student in South Korea for my senior year of high school." Sure that's what I said, but I didn't really believe my own words. So here I am in South Korea and this is my life.

Sunday, November 13, 2005


Isn't this just a fun picture? Sometime back in October Torie and I went on a church retreat to Anseong which is a suburb of Seoul. It is kind of in the country. At least it is a retreat from city life. This picture is of a man made lake and each of the chairs is for if you want to go fishing, but you have to pay to go fishing. At the retreat I spent a lot of time singing and getting to know people. I even got to play 500 with an american football and some Canadians, a Coloradian who grew up around the world as a missionary's son, and a fellow from Great Britian. Quite the game if I do say so myself. I also spent a good amount of time by meself hidden in the woods writting and reading. The most amazing part of it all though is that I got to see the stars. I hear about movie stars all the time, but people in Korea don't have that desperate ache that I get when I look into the night sky and only see the moon. I do love the moon, but on this night I could see my favorite constellation (I don't know the name, ask one of my best friends to point it out), the big dipper, Casiopia, and maybe a 10th of what I am used to. Still it was amazing. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, I just wanted to say hi and let you know I am enjoying your communications. My daughter was born in Puson so I am very interested in Korea. I'm glad you are considering International Relations as a career. My youngest son is just applying to grad schools in D.C., Boston, and New York to further his studies this field. I laughed at the lecture your host mom gave you about being your mom, not your landlady. It seems that moms are alike all over the world. I had that same conversation with one of our exchange students, a boy from Columbia. Come to think of it, most moms with any teenagers in the house make that comment at one time or another. It's our way of keeping you close and safe. I am glad you are still doing art. I hope you post the finished painting of your school. Mrs. Sasse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.