Korea

So, last year I told everyone, "I'm going to be an exchange student in South Korea for my senior year of high school." Sure that's what I said, but I didn't really believe my own words. So here I am in South Korea and this is my life.

Monday, December 05, 2005


Tonight I went out to dinner with a group of students from school. They are all third years at my high school, so they are the same age as me. (19 in Korea) I had not met most of them before tonight, but that didn't matter. I think everyone had a great night. First we went out for pizza and pasta. Then we went to a singing room. (I always want to write the words in korean, but this program, hello, is not compatible with posting korean script.) Usually when I go to singing rooms I feel akward and forget all the words to the songs, but today I sang a lot and got to listen to everyone else too. They sang many songs that I knew and liked, so it made the experience so much more interesting. I feel bad because I can't remember everyone's names. I have to see Korean names written down before I can memorize them, but I will definetly remember everyone's faces and personalities. I can't wait to hang out with everyone again. I'm going to go to insadong with Ahra (the girl in the black coat) on Thursday. I'm excited. I better go to bed though, it's almost 11 and I have a couple things to do before falling asleep. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... are you honestly fun with singing room? I mean i just wanna say you absorb culture really fast. I respect that. lol

-Robert

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.