Korea

So, last year I told everyone, "I'm going to be an exchange student in South Korea for my senior year of high school." Sure that's what I said, but I didn't really believe my own words. So here I am in South Korea and this is my life.

Sunday, October 09, 2005


These last two pictures were taken on my birthday at a church festival for my mom's chur ch. The girl is Torie, of course, and the boy's name is Jun Yong Park. He is a third year student (like a senior) at our school and one of the first people who I have considered a real friend. He did not come to the festival to participate, because he was studying very hard for midterms, but he stopped by to give me my birthday present (two tickets to a matinee movie at the COEX mall. I haven't used them yet, but I was very thankful and very happy.) This present made me feel very much at home. The festival itself was also amazingly fun with games like tug-of-war, another where you have to step on the balloon tied around the other teams ankles, one where we throw these bags like haky sacks into this basket on a pole, and also just talking with people and eating lunch. It was a good birthday. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.